Dog Park Ambassadors and their canine companions serve as liaisons between the community and Moncus Park. The main purpose of the Ambassador program is to ensure dog owners and their furry friends have an enjoyable visit. The goal is to increase awareness of positive dog behaviors and reduce the number of non-compliant dog incidents.
The majority of the outreach is conducted through one-on-one interactions with park visitors. Each Volunteer Ambassador is trained on how to approach visitors and explain the importance of following Dog Park rules, and implementing good dog behavior.
Time Commitment and Roles/ Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet users of the dog park.
- Monitor park users and diplomatically inform them if rules have been violated. Rules are posted at the entrance of the park.
- Commit to "monitoring" the dog park 2 hours per week.
- Facilitate a fun and enjoyable environment for park users and their pets.
- Be visible.
- Be an active ambassador.
- Educate, inform, and call authorities if needed.
- Be an advocate for Giles Automotive Family Small Dog Park